THE HEART OF ROMBLON - ALCANTARA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Auckland, New Zealand
MEMBERS LIVE FEED ONLINE

PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES

4 posters

Go down

PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Empty PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES

Post  Ronnie Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:11 am

Tulungan natin na ma preserve ang marine species at coral reefs for our future generation

Ronnie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Empty Re: PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES

Post  toto Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 am

When I was a member of the Sanggunian Bayan council (2001-2004), I attended the launching of a fish sanctuary in San Isidro and we actually held our special session there. There were members of the Bantay-dagat roaming around. A fish sanctuary is designed to protect the fish and marine products only in a given area, no fishing and human activities, however after the launch, I have no reports concerning with the matter. Bantay Dagat is a non-orgnanizational association of local people protecting and overseeing the environment.

My friend, the Mayor of Looc, Hon. Juliet Ngo-Fiel recently opened their fish sanctuary and it draws a couple of tourists. I will try to contact her and ask her about all the efforts they made and are trying to implement regarding the protection of both the corals and other marine life in Looc so that we can do the same in Alcantara.

We can do our share by not polluting the sea (no tossing of garbage), not patronizing fish harvested through dynamites (if we knew the source), protect the mangrooves, participate in the clean-up of the sea and sea shore.

There is a good marine life in Alcantara I assume, because a couple of years ago, a group of foreign fisherman was arrested by the local police and confiscated their live catch of acquarium fishes, and yes, I saw it my self (fish of various sizes and colors from the San Isidro Area).
toto
toto

Number of posts : 98
country: : PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Austra13
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Empty San Isidro Sanctuary

Post  rachel Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:02 am

Hello! For the info of those concerned , LGu alcantara is trying to revive San Isidro Sanctuary. Municipal Officials and employees visited the site summer of this year. If developed, this sanctuary will not only be a breeding area for green lapu lapu better known as (ha.ha nalimtan ko lon anong tawag idto sa langsa langsa nga isda) but also banahan, tanguige and others,,A barangay official of of San Isidro said there was a time that it became also a breeding ground for turtles! Wouldnt it be nice if our future generation experience this too!!

rachel

Female
country: : PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Usa11
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Empty Re: PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES

Post  chuie Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:43 pm

rachel wrote:Hello! For the info of those concerned , LGu alcantara is trying to revive San Isidro Sanctuary. Municipal Officials and employees visited the site summer of this year. If developed, this sanctuary will not only be a breeding area for green lapu lapu better known as (ha.ha nalimtan ko lon anong tawag idto sa langsa langsa nga isda) but also banahan, tanguige and others,,A barangay official of of San Isidro said there was a time that it became also a breeding ground for turtles! Wouldnt it be nice if our future generation experience this too!!

Bukon it KALULUNG ang isda nga ginatukoy mo ??? let me know kung tama ang hula ko he he he ..I just want to make sure i dont have that memory loss yet...

Daw sadya ngani ang Looc sanctuary haven't been there . Nakita ko lang sa pictures ng aking mga pamangkin parang ang sarap ..Sana sa paguwi namin dalhin kami doon ng aking mga kamag anak daw sadya gid magkaon it balon sa tunga it lawod . Pwede man gali ikaw mag snorkling idto sa aton. Kami nag ayan pa sa Hanauma Bay para maglangoy lang gibahan mga isda ...
chuie
chuie

Number of posts : 148
country: : PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Usa11
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

PAANO NATIN MA SAVE ANG CORAL REEF AT MARINE SPECIES Empty PAANO NATIN MA PRESERVE ANG MARINE ENVIRONMENT PARA SA FUTURE GENERATION

Post  Ronnie Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:23 am

Toto and Rachel, thank you for your info and interest on this important issue which will benifit the community of alcantara and our future generation.

I'm so happy to heard from you guys that there is existing project in San Isidro and in Looc which is succesful now as you said (Sorry.... I lost in our hometown for almost 2 decades and i don't know what's going on now...)

San Isidro sanctuary is a good beggining, rules and regulation should be implemented accordingly. We should help together to make this project succesful.

To all members specially in Alcantara, please share your opinion and suggestion. We need your help to make this project become reality.

Ronnie

Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum